10.12.2009

To marry or not to marry?

Every girl remembers being little and imaging how their wedding day would be and the type of man that they would marry...I was one of those little girls.

Now that I'm older and not so naive, I've begun to think that marriage is not for me. Marriages in my family haven't been known to last...I don't think we even have a 50% success rate. My grandparents got divorced long before I was born, my mom divorced my dad when I was two and has only recently divorced my step father. I've never met one of my aunts ex-husbands because they were no longer together when I was born. Another aunt married a man she has been living with for twenty + years only 3 years ago and even their marriage is headed towards divorce.
I love my freedom and space and my "me" time....I'm too much of a free spirit for the, I guess I'll call them restrictions, of marriage. The percent of people in the U.S. that are living together and are not married is steadily rising so I no longer feel odd or weird that I feel this way towards marriage.

So what do you guys think? Is marriage for everyone or not? Do you see yourself walking down the aisle one day and saying "I Do"? For those that are already married, how do you make it work?

0 people hollerin:

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates