10.22.2009

Deal Breakers

Every once and a while I hear a certain song that reminds me of an ex and it brings up all of the old memories of our time together and of course...of the break-up. When I'm in a relationship, I give it everything that I have & if it doesn't work out...it hurts so reminiscing is never enjoyable.


"Porcelain Doll" is that newest song for me. I love everything she says in the song but I'll be damned if it does not preach about what I just went through. I need to sit my ex down and let him listen to this whenever I get the chance so he can fully grasp why I had to get out of that unhealthy situation.


I'm a very independent person but I love to be taken care of...not smothered because there is a HUGE difference. I was blessed with the capability to comprehend, I have a brain and I love to use it so don't treat me as if I'm a child that doesn't know any better because it belittles me. It's perfectly fine to be happy and proud that you have a good person by your side but there is a certain point when you can make someone feel as if they are nothing but an object for you to show off and boast about.


What are some deal breakers for you guys in relationships? Are there just certain things/habits that will make it hard for you to stay no matter what?

4 people hollerin:

Sabrina C. Willis said...

I too love that song. I was with a guy once who treated me as if I was his child. I mean, he would go to work and call me and give a list of things to do (chores, really) before he got home. He would check me over before we went out, wipe my face while we were eating, all kind of crazy things. But being superficial me, I stayed around longer than I should have because he could afford to to a LOT of nice things for me. But then I realized that even those things weren't worth being treated like a child.

Quite said...

That's what I did as well. I stayed around and dealt with it longer than I should have because of the superficial things that he could do for me. At the end of the day, what I did for him was more important than anything else.

O.F.C.J. said...

Hello. Found you on 20sb's comments group. Deep post. I like. I can definitely and totally relate to that comment, "I'm a very independent person but I love to be taken care of...not smothered..." gosh yes. I am very independent, but I love being loved. It's awesome. And about how you put your all into your relationships, oh my, I agree. Though I haven't really had any. I think many people date meaninglessly these days. Which brings them to questioning me in y I don't date. But it's like, for me to be in a relationship (...even courting), it must have serious potential, and I will put my foot into it once it becomes final.

overwhelmingfullness.blogspot.com

O.F.C.J.

Quite said...

Hi OFCJ I'm glad you not only liked it but can relate to some of what I said. You're right, knowing that you're independent but still have someone there to love you is one of the best feelings. I'm a southern girl and was raised to give my all to everything I do, especially into relationships but only if I believe it has the potential to become serious.

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates