11.03.2009

Rampant Racism in New Orleans pt. 1

*raises hands*
Teacher: yes Jacquite?
Me: I was wondering: what year is it?
Teacher: Excuse me?
Me: What year is it?
Teacher: 2009, why?
Me: I ask because after Ed Blakely's interview I feel as if we're back in the 1900's with the way he described our situation here in New Orleans.
--------------------------------
Allow me to explain that whole scenario that I just played out to you all.

Ed Blakely, who was in charge of heading the recovery here in New Orleans recently did an interview with CalTV, the University of California-Berkeley's online television show and during that time he basically threw New Orleans and every citizen that lives here under the bus.

I'll post the links here and here for you guys if you want to watch it but I'll just give a quick run-down.

He states that:



  1. We never planned on doing anything w/ the rebuilding our selves. That we expected outsiders to come in and do all the work themselves.



  2. Most people in this city are "buffons".



  3. That everyone is a racist



  4. That the tensions between the races down here is so bad that unless the next mayor is extremely clever, a race riot WILL happen.



  5. The bureaucracy in New Orleans is nowhere near as sophisticated as it is in Oakland and other cities in which he's worked.



  6. 30% of city employees are taking basic literacy courses. and last but not least and my favorite out of this list (insert sarcasm)



  7. New Orleans isn't likely to be around for another 100 years. He claims the Mississippi River and another storm will conspire to "wipe New Orleans off the map."

**Giving my thoughts and all that good stuff in next post so stay tuned**

0 people hollerin:

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates