11.09.2009

Oh Joy...Hurricane Ida

Just when I thought we were going to have a tropical storm/hurricane free season this year, one comes along and says "Ha!". Hurricane Ida isn't directly headed towards New Orleans but the very fact that she's in the Gulf is enough to make us all hold our breaths.
I love my city but from June 1st to November 30th...I HATE LIVING HERE! Oh my goodness, it's always a constant issue with living here by the mouth of the Gulf and in a city that's already below sea-level.


Evacuations=headaches for students in New Orleans. We have to cancel classes and God forbid if the hurricane becomes serious, ie Katrina. They close schools and tell us to check online for our assignments. Once Katrina hit and 80% of the city was underneath water, parents had to find temporary schools for their kids, college students had to transfer to another university or take the risk of missing out on a semester. Beginning to see why I hate these months?

I'm going to be hoping that this time...we won't have to leave and that we can deal with this one at home, as we've done plenty of other times.


......................
*sigh*
*smdh*

0 people hollerin:

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates